Checklist for a company website to meet Irish company law requirements
The following information must be included on a website of an Irish company either on the
• Homepage; or
• On a link to a webpage from the homepage
of a limited liability company.
Source section 151 Companies Act 2014 and CRO guidance notes leaflet no. 7.
What are the website requirements for an Irish company?
1. Company Name – with correct designation Limited (Ltd) or Designated Activity Company (DAC), etc.
2. Legal form of the company
3. Place of registration (for example registered in Dublin, Ireland)
4. Registered number (from the certificate of incorporation)
5. Registered office address – indicate that the address is the registered address
6. If exempt from using the company type – it must be stated that it is a limited liability company.
Other information that may have to be included:
7. If including share capital it must be the paid up issued share capital
8. If the company is being wound up this must be stated
The information must be displayed in a prominent and easily accessible place.
Additional consumer law rules apply to websites – check out our legal checklist for other compliance obligations.
If you would like us to review yourwebsite to ensure that it complies with company law please contact us to discuss our services.
The material in this article is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or taxation advice. Specific legal and taxation advice should be sought before acting. All information and taxation rules are subject to change without notice.
No liability whatsoever is accepted by M. McLoughlin & Co. for any action taken in reliance on the information in this article