I am delighted to have been asked to speak during Enterprise Week of Local Enterprise Office Leitrim on
New Companies Act – Does it impact my Business?
This is a free event for companies and local businesses on 9 March 2016. It is a 2 hour breakfast workshop starting at 8am. Venue is the Landmark Hotel in Carrick on Shannon in County Leitrim.
I will discuss the provisions of Companies Act 2014 for companies and cover:
Conversion of Companies
- What action you need to take in 2016 if you are an existing private company – should you convert into the new type private company or become a designated activity company?
- What if you take no action?
- Anything new in the legislation – Ability to apply to court if you miss the filing deadline for the annual return, list of directors’ duties, specified offences.
The new type of private company – what are the benefits?
Director Transactions Rules
- Why loans between a company and directors (or connected persons) should be documented in writing.
- Director and Connected Person Transactions with a company – What transactions are caught? What does a company need to do? What shareholder approval is required?
If you have any questions on Companies Act 2014 please contact us.
The material in this article is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or taxation advice. Specific legal and taxation advice should be sought before acting. All information and taxation rules are subject to change without notice.
No liability whatsoever is accepted by M. McLoughlin & Co. for any action taken in reliance on the information in this article