If for some reason you cannot attend your post office to collect your pension or other social welfare payment then the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection have procedures in placeto help you.

appointing an agent to collect your pensions

On a temporary basis you can appoint an agent to collect the payment for you.  To do this you need to complete a form that you must collect at a post office.


There is also the possibility of appointing someone to be your agent on a more permanent basis and again a form must be completed. 

Read here for more information.



The material in this article is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or taxation advice. Specific legal and taxation advice should be sought before acting. All information and taxation rules are subject to change without notice.

No liability whatsoever is accepted by M. McLoughlin & Co. for any action taken in reliance on the information in this article