Checklist for company letter head requirements in Ireland
Do you know what information must be included in a letter or order form for an Irish incorporated limited liability company? Are you in compliance with Companies Act 2014?
What are the letterhead requirements for an Irish company?
The following information must be included on all
• Letters; and
• Order forms
of a limited liability company in all mediums (hard copy, electronic etc.)
Source: section 151 Companies Act 2014.
Information to be included on company letters
1. Company Name – with correct designation Limited (Ltd) or Designated Activity Company (DAC) etc.
2. Directors – Forename or initials and the surname of each director and the nationality of any non Irish director
3. Legal form of the company
4. Place of registration (for example registered in Dublin, Ireland)
5. Registered number (from the certificate of incorporation)
6. Registered office address – indicate that the address is the registered address
7. If exempt from using the company type – it must be stated that it is a limited liability company
Other information that may be required:
8. If including share capital it must be the paid up issued share capital
9. If the company is being wound up this must be stated
What if the company trades under a business name?
If trading under a business name the business name must also be included in additional to the company information.
If you would like us to review your letterhead to ensure that it complies with company law please contact us to discuss our services.
The material in this article is for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or taxation advice. Specific legal and taxation advice should be sought before acting. All information and taxation rules are subject to change without notice.
No liability whatsoever is accepted by M. McLoughlin & Co. for any action taken in reliance on the information in this article
Book an appointment Downloads Subscribe Contact Us